Thursday, July 23, 2020

Savings Goals

It's easy to get overwhelmed when I look at other people who are striving for financial independence. Most of those people are saving anywhere from 50-80% of their income.Gulp.

At my current income if I saved that much I would not be able to pay my living expenses. I've cut down as much as I can but just my rent is 50% of my income. I know that will change when I start earning commissions, but now, it just seems unreachable.

I love being able to look at other peoples successes and hopefully learn from them. Unfortunately, as often as it inspires me and I get excited about the possibilities, it just as often feels defeating. How am I ever going to reach FI when I am unable to save the way other people can?

One thing that makes it both harder and easier, is being single. It's much easier because I don't have to work with anyone else's money issues or beliefs. It's also much harder because there is only one income to try to stretch.

Today is one of those days when the mountain seems high. I'm making a list of "the bright side" so I can look at that when I feel discouraged. The bright side for today is that I have nine hours of overtime on my paycheck so that will all go to my credit card. It's a small win, but I'll take any win  I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment