Friday, July 24, 2020

My Mint Mobile review

I'm looking at all of my expenses to see where I can cut the fat. I really dislike paying $50 a month for cell phone service. I'm not a huge data user, I work from home so am connected to my wifi most of the time so it was really annoying to pay so much.

I heard Brad and Jonathan on the ChooseFI podcast talking about other phone services that use the same towers as Tmobile but charge much less. After some research I decided to give Mint Mobile a try. 

To set up the service initially you pay $45 for three months of service. I signed up and they sent me a SIM card and I was ready to go.

Changing out the SIM was super easy and in just a few minutes I was set up and ready to go. I've had the service for only two weeks but have not seen any difference in my calls or connection. The only issue I had was that when pictures were attached to text messages I received, they weren't downloading.

I tried messing with the settings but couldn't figure it out so I logged on to mintmobile.com and started a chat. They have a chat bot that is available 24 hours a day but for more complex questions you need a live person. 

I posted my question and the chat bot sent me to a live agent, the wait time was less than five minutes. I was chatting with Luis and in less than five minutes he had walked me through fixing the problem and all of my pictures downloaded.

So, in my opinion, if you are not a heavy data user, Mint Mobile may be perfect for you. When you renew you can pay for 3 months or a year at a time and pricing is dependent on the length you choose.

I'll update my review at the end of my initial three months but if you want to try it yourself, you can use my link and save $15 off your first plan. 

Let me know what you think, and I'll keep you updated as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment