Friday, April 24, 2020

Best Laid Plans

Wow. Things are changing quickly. In an earlier last post I talked about my new job, then the bottom kind of fell out of everything. My current employer sent us home to work due to Covid-19. I contacted my new employer and they said training was still on, they did not yet have an alternate plan.

I am worried! I have managed to save $2000- most of which came from my tax return- I'm really glad I didn't put that towards my credit card!

Everything started shutting down due to the virus. I was really worried. I had already given notice at my current job and was worried that I would not be able to start my new job due to the virus. I finally got an email that said we would do orientation on site, then the rest of our training would be from home.

Such a relief! I also felt a tiny bit of pride that I had ANY savings at all! In the past, my savings account would have had zero dollars in it and any blip in my employment would have been immediately devastating.

Just by starting to focus on FI principles I was in a better place than I had ever been in the past. Don't get me wrong, $2000 would not support me for long, but it felt nice to have even a little cushion.

Hope this virus goes away quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment